۞_۟۞
Megabit vs. Megabyte: The megabit and the megabyte (10 Mbps versus 10 MBps, for
example) are two units of measurement that are often confused, especially when
referring to data throughput. Megabits (Mbps) measure data transfer; megabytes
(MBps) measure data storage (file size). The confusion arises because both are also
used to describe bandwidth and throughput in the same way that inches and
centimeters describe distance. The conversion between the two is 1 Mbps = 0.125
MBps, or more precisely 8 bits = 1 byte.
ಠ , ಥ
This shows what a slow day it has been. This is based on an actual conversation I had with my girlfriend...
Newton , Kelvin, Celsius, Pascal, Hertz. These great men and others have lent their names as units of measurement. If you could lend your last name as a unit of measurement,what would it be a measurement of?
****I'm going to beat the wiseguys to the punch by stating that Hertz represents a measurement of sound frequency and not rental cars.***
ಠ_ృ
I was gazing at the stars, just now (I often do, seeing as stars are perfectly suited to be gazed upon). Right before my eyes, yet likely thousands of units of measurement away, a meteorite appeared in a flash. It streaked across the sky, hurrying toward it's very demise. As I continued to watch, the unearthly object began to break apart into several very bright pieces. Then nothing. Dust. Welcome to Earth.
ಠ~ಠ
Me: Jeez those size 32's are big
Retail Hipster: Yeah they're a big make man
Me: That's not possible, they're either 32 inches or they're something else
Retail Hipster: Nah man, they're just a big 32
Cashier Hipster: You've only given me $10
Me: Yeah, that's a big $10..it should cover it. I've also chosen to ignore standard units of measurement.
⊙▃⊙
A pallet of chocolate covered pretzels, a drum of grape jam, a desk of cheese its, a hammock of cake... Where r u getting these units of measurement?!
(´▽`)
Nice...let's hope it works...and it was programmed in the correct units of measurement...HA! http://gizmodo.com/5920588/why-nasas-mars-curiosity-rover-landing-will-be-seven-minutes-of-absolute-terror
(✌゚∀゚)☞
I'm always interested to know exactly how many Smoots to the nearest bathroom http://io9.com/5827925/ten-unbelievably-strange-units-of-measurement?utm_source=io9+Newsletter&utm_campaign=d132e041b2-UA-142218-29&utm_medium=email
๏̯͡๏﴿
Shitload is one of my favorite units of measurement.
No comments:
Post a Comment