Thursday, June 21, 2012

father


(╯°□°)╯

Whats on my mind tonight.My thoughts and prayers are going out to all the family and friends of Mr.Solomon Puckett.He was 91 years old and passed away this Saturday.He was a Navy vet serving for over 33 years and was in World War 1 and 2 and the Korean War and had many honours.He was a father,husband,a service to our country,a friend,and a pretty cool guy to get to know.I had the honor of meeting him years ago when I worked with his stepdaughter Doree and thought he was just a terrific guy.Years later I can say the same thing and yesterday I saluted my Dad and today I salute Solomon Puckett,United States Navy.God Bless ,He will be missed.


(✿ ♥◡♥

i miss camping up in the mountains! their is just this feeling when you get up into those beautiful rocks and trees, the smell of the campfire, sticky smores all over your face and hands, going to sleep with the river water hitting the rocks like it was singing a lullaby, waking up with back pain, but you dont care because its fun, going fishing and catching nothing, but love it anyway.... what a beautiful place our heavenly father has given to us:) your never closer to heaven than the mountains.


(✿ Ծ_Ծ)

Went to visit my mother and she was in her confused state of mind. It is so heartbreaking to see her this way, some of the reason are the meds but Im sure also her illness and age.
This woman could remember hundreds of lyrics to songs as she sang with my father in their conjunto for 20 years. Life reverts to nothing but memories as I sit here and watch her struggle to remember who came to see her today or try to remember what she ate for dinner. ALL my comfort and strength is in The Lord. Please keep me in prayer...


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...