Thursday, June 21, 2012

fathers day poem


A few people have asked to see the Father's Day poem video from church this morning. Here it is. Pass it around if you think others might like to see it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxvllbXEBYQ


(✿ σ_σ)

Just one last Father's Day poem, I promise...read to the last line! http://poets.org/viewmedia.php/prmMID/20860


(❍ᴥ❍ ✿)

Happy Fathers Day :) http://www.desiringgod.org/blog/posts/a-fathers-day-poem


٩(●ᴥ•)۶

Last Fathers Day poem. (Oops! This could be me.)

Reusing Words
by Hal Sirowitz

Don't think you know everything,
Father said, just because you're good
with words. They aren't everything.
I try to say the smallest amount possible.
Instead of using them indiscriminately
I try to conserve them. I'm the only one
in this household who recycles them. I
say the same thing over & over again,
like "Who forgot to turn out the lights?
Who forgot to clean up after themselves
in the bathroom?" Since you don't listen
I never have to think of other things to say.

"Reusing Words" by Hal Sirowitz, from Father Said. © Soft Skull Press, 2004


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...