٩(●ᴥ•)۶
If we were to meet a truly humble person, C. S. Lewis says, we would never come away from meeting them thinking they were humble. They would not be always telling us they were a nobody (because a person who keeps saying they are a nobody is actually a self-obsessed person). The thing we would remember from meeting a truly gospel-humble person is how much they seemed to be totally interested in us. Because the essence of gospel-humility is not thinking more of myself or thinking less of myself, it is thinking of myself less.
Keller, Timothy (2012-04-01). The Freedom of Self Forgetfulness (Kindle Locations 275-279). 10Publishing. Kindle Edition.
(◡‿◡ ✿)
Saw Rock of Ages last night....SO good! This may be one I have to own. Kept the baby virtually bug bite free at the drive-in, and happy watching her own movie on the Kindle. Starlight drive in may close after next year :( we may have to make it a point to sneak in a few more visits there. What a good time!
(❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
Please share this my good friends book,
#Free today highly rated ebook click now A GOD MADE MILLIONAIRE http://amzn.to/NcjuLS #eBook #Millionaire #kindle
┌( ಥ_ಥ)┘
I'm really torn. I've been thinking about starting to buy most of my books (at least the ones that are available) through Kindle. I like the idea that some are cheaper, that you can highlight and make notes, that you can search the books, and that you can basically take them all with you whenever you want. With all the benefits I still think I am committing a sin. There is nothing like having the real thing in your hands and seeing it on your shelf. Maybe I can just buy both.
No comments:
Post a Comment