⍩
This has to be the worst US Open coverage of all time.
☃
I don't remember watching golf at 10:30 at night, but the US Open coverage was terrific, as Webb Simpson (age 26) weathered the pressure of a Major to win by one stroke. I noticed that he mentioned praying as a way of calming his nerves and the cameras caught his "Praise the Lord" as the last threat dissipated. Lovely, intimate time as he and his expectant wife watched the final group fall short. Awesome tournament!
כּ‗כּ
Things Johnny Miller said this weekend on NBC's US Open Coverage:
--"It's always windy here, half the time."
--"Tiger's leading the field in driving accuracy, which has happened just a couple times since 2000, maybe never."
-- "He could shoot an historical round. He's four under. Uh two under, sorry."
--"Players are falling like leaves in August."
-- "The field is only 2537 holes over par on the first six holes."
-- and after this statement about Graeme McDowell- "He's the straightest driver in the world... a driving genius." McDowell sliced it into the trees.
。◕ ‿ ◕。
Ah, fathers day! It doesn't get any better than this. Grill heating up, beautiful day, family pampering me. US Open coverage about to start, and Tiger crying his pouty eyes out about the greens, his putting, the gallery, the "new kids on the block" golfers getting all the attention (sniff, sniff!), blah, blah, blah! Yes, it doesn't get any better than this. Now, if Furyk can get er done I'll be happy!
☉‿⊙
You've got to love the Palm Beaches "local" TV news. Just last night one station titled a story about a burglar "in the buff," yet showed (and said) him wearing some sort of underwear. Then in sports, another station titled its U.S. Open coverage, "Tiger in the lead," when in fact he was 5 strokes behind the leader. Does accuracy matter at all?
⊙_ʘ
Fathers day? I plan to plant it on the couch, tuck my hand under my waistband, and watch 6-7 hours of US open coverage though I'm wishing I had splurged on that home catheter kit when I had a chance.
That is some solid parenting right there - "Dad of the year" stuff.
〽◝
Best quote ive heard on the us open coverage so fat "its hard to celebrate when it gets you back to +10" after trevor immelman made a birdie putt.
No comments:
Post a Comment