Thursday, June 21, 2012

when memorial day


(✿ ☉‿⊙

God bless our troops for keeping us safe and remember those who gave their lives to do it. I am old and I remember when Memorial day was called decoration day, a day to decorate all graves of our friends and family. I don't remember when it was changed but I am so proud to honor our men and women in the military but also to remember those who have gone before us. peace to all and have a great and safe day.


(✿ ´▽`)☞

Why do we say Happy Memorial Day and enjoy your weekend when Memorial Day is to remember all of our men and women in the armed forces who gave their lives or got wounded and some horribly? Happy Memorial Day just doesn't do it for me. But yes, Thank God most came home. I'm really talking about all the wars. I'm not young and remember many wars that the younger generations didn't experience.


(✿ ´▽`)

ill be glad when memorial day south beach is over cough cough so he can be back 75 north bound...


(✿ ʘ‿ʘ)

My cousin Alex Horton wrote this as he did a blog while he was there. Please remember all men and women who serve our country this weekend. http://www.blogs.va.gov/VAntage/3181/when-memorial-day-bleeds-across-the-calendar/


(✿ ◎ܫ◎

Do you remember when Memorial Day was called "Decoration Day"? I will decorate my parents grave this weekend.


Ӭ ✿

How many remember when Memorial Day was not a weekend but was observed on May 30 as a special day to remember those who have died serving their country. It seems that people want a day off work to start off the summer season more than they want a special day to reflect on how much we owe to people who gave their lives for our freedoms. I have never been a proponent of war but I have always held those who serve their country in high esteem. If it has to be Monday, so be it - but in between the brats and beers, take a moment to bow your head and say "thank you". And on May 30, join me in taking a minute to do so again. Thanks.


(✿(( ♥╭╮♥

Oh, if there would come a time When Memorial Day would
Truly be a salute to the Fallen
In wars long long ago
When the children would ask
In innocence: "What is a war?"

My heart goes to all the many parents I met through our concerts who lost their children in the war...


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...